District has a specific work area, and lead by Head (Camat) as a coordinator, which is providing the government in the working areas, and be responsible to the Regent through the Local Secretary.
District Organizational Structure consists of:
- Camat (Head);
- District Secretariat, headed by a Secretary who is under the responsibility and to the Head, has a duty to assist in implementing the tasks Camat delivery of government services and provide administration to the entire device / apparatus District
- Government section, has the task of helping prepare the material in the Head of policy formulation, implementation, evaluation and reporting of government affairs and Land;
- Economic and Development Section, has the task of helping prepare the material in the Head of policy formulation, implementation, evaluation and reporting of business and Economic Development;
- Pecfull and Public Order Section, have the task of helping prepare the material in the Head of policy formulation,
- Education and Health Section,has the task of helping prepare the material in the Head of policy formulation, implementation, evaluation and reporting of business Education and Health;
- Social Welfare Section, have tasks to help prepare materials Camat in policy formulation, implementation, evaluation and reporting of Social affairs and People's Welfare.
- Functional Group Position (optional), consisting of a number of human resources in a functional position into various groups according to the field of expertise where the type, level and number of functional positions is determined by the Regent based on the needs and work load, in accordance with the laws and regulations that apply .
Based on the Local Regulation No. 11 Garut regency in 2004, made in the District of Garut Regency is: